Is not uncommon for entrepreneurs to experience depression. No one wants to speak about it.
However, I think it is important to discuss it.
It is often the unspoken statement that we all encounter at one time or another.
There are 5 reasons that usually result in entrepreneurs depression.
1. Inferential Comparison: Comparing yourself to competition without acknowledgement that that is their progress NOT yours
2. Overstimulation: Reading books, listening to podcasts, going from goal to goal, feeding your mind constantly can be over stimulating
3. Body, Mind, and Character Neglect: Letting your mind, body, or character go to pieces while heading towards goals is like driving endlessly on a tank of gas
4. Loss of Control: Events in life happen and create bad situations
5. Incongruent: You simply aren’t honest with yourself in what you can do
The thing is that all of these reasons are inevitable. All of them are also solvable.
The problem isn’t that you are depressed. Often times it’s just a matter of doing without stopping to think, reflect, plan, and act.
Often times people let their lives take hold of them and become swept away by the torrent of time.
The thing is you can always take the time to stop.
Just acknowledge that that is their progress not yours. You have a different situation. You don’t have to keep feeding yourself information till your brain explodes. Just take in what you need and take it slow. Take the time to take care of your body, mind, or character from time to time. You don’t have to ignore your own needs. Accept the situations that arise for what they are. It’s not going to change so just take it in stride. And most of all, acknowledge who you are warts and all. You are going to have imperfections but it doesn’t mean you need to endlessly cover it up in makeup. Just let them shine. It’s part of what makes you, you!
Entrepreneurial depression is just a state of mind that indicates a loss of directed thought.
So, pull yourself together, take a breath, and just breath.